Infographic View Interactive View Share the PE100 Learn More
About the PE100
The Purpose Economy Pioneers are the first to research, develop, and shape markets that foster community, expression, and impact. This first-of-its-kind list seeks to highlight and celebrate the work of 100 changemakers who, together, are shifting the paradigm on what is possible for all of us. We are grateful to those who took the time to nominate a pioneer and to our selection panel, who assumed the difficult task of narrowing such an impressive list down to 100. We are humbled and honored to recognize such a daring and brilliant group of people: The Purpose Economy 100.
Criteria For Selection
The Five Market Levers
Nominees were assessed against one of five market levers, each researched drivers influencing changes to markets.
- Posing new questions and offering new insights that enable entrepreneurial innovation.
- Through data collection and new and unique insights, this area is inspiring innovative shifts.
- One of the five levers that can be used to move a market in the Purpose Economy, this lever, driven by data and often found in academic settings, can provide insights that inspire entrepreneurs to pursue markets as innovators.
- Building a foundation for powerful changes of corporate or government policies.
- One of the five levers that can be used to move a market in the Purpose Economy, the policy lever is typically used to change the rules of the game. It is most often used to describe efforts to change corporate or government policies that impact a market.
- Changing consciousness (or public perception) and reframing an issue to catalyze social change.
- One of the five levers that can be used to move a market in the Purpose Economy, this lever shows a population a new way of thinking about a market, changing consciousness and reframing an issue to catalyze social change.
- Building new technology to allow markets to advance their growth.
- One of the five levers that can be used to move a market in the Purpose Economy, this lever can change our understanding of what is possible and give markets new tools to advance their growth through the use of new technology.
- Small-scale innovators that are redesigning systems which will allow for new and evolving markets.
- One of the five levers that can be used to move a market in the Purpose Economy, this lever is typically an effort, usually small-scale, that has achieved a remarkable result and can act as a starting place for others to build or expand a market.
Who They Serve
Nominees were assessed based on the degree to which they engaged in purposeful work on an individual, organizational or societal level:
Individual – work that is creating a measurable and visceral impact on the lives of people.
Organizational – work that is changing the rules of the game for how organizations operate.
Societal work that is creating a new order that impacts people on the societal level.
Domain of Work
Nominees were considered based on their domain of focus and the sectors where they were affecting change:
Academia, Development, Education, Energy, Finance, Food, Government, Healthcare, Hospitality, Media, Real Estate, Retail, Social Services, Technology, Transportation